April marks the onset of the summer season in India. Summers are beautiful, don’t you think?
With the winters slowly retracting it’s way back, taking away the dull, chilly days with itself, the month of April is all about nature bustling with life. No sweltering heat, no humidity, no gusty summer wind – the month of April is all about bright sunny mornings and a fresh summer breeze. After a prolonged winter, April is the time of the year when plants and animals are revived with energy, enjoying the warmth all around.
At this time of the year, most schools and colleges are done with their annual examinations and are closed down for a month-long session break. April also marks the end of the fiscal year which means lesser workload. Hence,this is the most appropriate time for a vacation.
You have the time,you have the plan but you can’t decide where to visit. Don’t worry, we are here for your rescue!
Here are top 5 places in India that you can visit in April :
Kashmir, located in the northernmost part of India, is globally renowned for its picturesque beauty, mesmerizing landscapes and tranquil ambience. The month of April highlights the glorious beauty of this place. No matter where you go, you’ll be a witness to the most breathtaking panorama. Apart from being beautiful, Kashmir is extremely affordable as well. The ambience of this place truly makes Kashmir “a piece of heaven on Earth”.
Roadmap to Kashmir
● Flights : If you’re planning to travel by air, you will have to head to the nearest airport and buy tickets to Srinagar or Leh airport. Tickets to these places are easily available on most leading airlines throughout the year.
● Railways : If you want to visit Kashmir and the flight tickets are out of your budget, don’t worry! We have got you covered! You can conveniently visit Kashmir by train. Although there are no direct trains to Kashmir, you can board any northbound train that halts at Udhampur or Jammu railway stations and proceed to hire a taxi to reach
Kashmir. The availability of connecting transport is more frequent in Jammu than Udhampur,so it’s better to get down at the former station.
● Roads : Once you reach Delhi, there is an availability of private or state buses that travels directly from Delhi to Kashmir. It will usually take 12 hours to reach Kashmir by road.
Places to visit
Kashmir is full of astounding places that will soothe your senses and make you feel more alive than ever. It’s beautiful gardens, endless valleys and giant mountains attract thousands of tourists every year, a huge portion of it being international tourists. Some of the most important places to visit while you’re in Kashmir are as follows :
1) Dal Lake
3) Tulip Garden
4) Shalimar Bagh
5) Dachigam National Park
7) Vaishno Devi
Things to do
You will never run out of places to explore in Kashmir. The place is brimming with ragged beauty that can cater to your serene as well as adventurous sides. Here are the things that you can do while you’re vacationing in Kashmir :
1) Enjoy a serene Shikara ride at Dal Lake.
2) Experience the wonderful opportunity of night stay in a boat house at Dal Lake. 3) Soak in the breathtaking beauty of Gulmarg.
4) Challenge your adventurous self and indulge in water sports at Wular Lake 5) Relive the scenes from 3-idiots at Leh.
6) Take a pony ride at Pahalgam or Sonmarg.
7) Enjoy the mesmerizing view at Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden.
2. ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR ISLANDS
What is the first thing that comes to your mind when we talk about Andaman? Palm fringed beaches, extensive stretches of white sand, mesmerizing endlessness of the turquoise water of the ocean would immediately come to your mind.
Located in the Bay of Bengal, Andaman and Nicobar Islands is an Indian archipelago that has become a major tourist hub over the past few decades. While most parts of these islands remain unpenetrated by human inhabitants, a small portion has been commercialized to attract tourists from all over the world.
The month of April adds vibrancy to the scenic beauty, making it an ideal time for vacation. Roadmap to Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Andaman is an island situated away from the Indian landmass. There are two prominent modes of transport that you can choose from, to visit Andaman
● By flight : All the major airports in India like Kolkata, Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai etc have an availability of flights to Port Blair.
● By ship : There are a couple of ships that sails from Kolkata, Visakhapatnam and Chennai every month. Although it’s not the most available mode of transport, you can book prior tickets and opt to reach Andaman by this mode. The journey would usually take about 3-4 days.
Places To Visit
Andaman serves as a perfect getaway from the monotonous routines of life. It’s the perfect destination to help your mind ease, your body relax and help rejuvenate a tired soul. Some of the most famous sightseeing spots in Andaman are :
1) Cellular Jail
2) Barren Island Volcano
3) Ross Island
4) Radhanagar Beach
5) Havelock Island
6) Chidiya Tapu
7) Red Skin Island
Things to do
Andaman is not just about it’s refreshing beaches and blissful sea. These islands are packed with adventurous activities as well. Apart from scuba diving and snorkeling,there is a ton of unusual things that you can experience only in this “Tropical Paradise”
1) Experiencing bioluminescence in Havelock, one of the most heavenly experiences in Andaman.
2) Witnessing turtle nesting in Diglipur.
3) Kayaking through the mangroves of Mayabunder.
4) Night stay in a bamboo hut in Long Islands.
5) Rubber Plantation tours.
6) Snorkelling, scuba diving, paragliding and jet skiing experiences.
7) Witness the beauty of coral reefs at Red Skin Islands.
If you’re desperate to go for a vacation but running low on budget, Sikkim is your saviour destination!
Located in the northeastern part of the country and bordered by Bhutan, Tibet and Nepal. This heavenly state is brimming with a diverse spectrum of wildlife, scenic beauty and super friendly locals. Being the smallest state in India, it would be the perfect destination for people looking for a quiet, secluded and pocket-friendly vacation in the lap of the mountains.
Roadmap to Sikkim
● By flight : Although there is an airport located close to Gangtok, it’s comparatively newer with very few flights flying in. The best way to reach Sikkim is by booking a flight to Bagdogra Airport. Bagdogra Airport is located in Siliguri, West Bengal,.which is 124 kms away from Sikkim.
● By train : The best way to access Sikkim by train is via Siliguri. You can board any northeast-bound long distance trains that halt at New Jalpaiguri (NJP) station. There are ample cabs, shared cars and state buses available from NJP to Gangtok. NJP is located 145 kilometres away from Gangtok. Sit back and enjoy a relaxing journey to the mountains, with the glorious Teesta River accompanying you throughout the way.
Places to visit
Sikkim is not just about it’s picturesque beauty. This tiny state of India has a rich concoction of Tibetan and Buddhist cultures. There is no end to the adventure, history and serenity that
this land has to offer. Here are some of the best places that you wouldn’t want to miss out while you’re in Sikkim.
1) Nathula Pass
3) Tsomgo Lake
4) Tashi View Point
5) Rumtek Monastery
6) Lachung, Lachen
7) Yumthang Valley
Things to do
Sikkim offers a wide variety of adventurous things to do as a tourist. So put your tourist hats on ans go explore what this beautiful state has to offer.
1) River rafting on the Teesta River.
2) Paragliding at Yumthang Valley.
3) Yak Ride at Tsomgo Lake.
4) Experience the divinity at Ravangla Buddha Park.
5) Goechala Trek at Yuksom
6) Cable car ride in Gangtok
7) Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek- wake up to the majestic view of the snow-covered peaks of Kanchenjunga.
If you’re looking to add a royal touch to your mundane life, the charismatic Udaipur should be your ultimate travel destination. Surrounded by marvellous forts, palaces and numerous lakes, this little city in Rajasthan will add grandeur to your regular life. Udaipur is rich in royal culture, it’s enthralling beauty being the reason why this city finds a special place in our list of best places to visit in April.
Roadmap to Udaipur
● By flight : You can access Udaipur by flight. There are direct flights connecting Udaipur to all major cities of India. The flight fare is relatively cheap.
● By train : Udaipur is connected to all the major cities of India like Delhi, Mumbai, Agra, Jaipur’s, Ahmedabad etc by direct trains. Udaipur station is located 3 kms away from the main town. If you truly want to experience the royalty and have the budget for it, you can travel to Udaipur by “Palace on Wheels”, a lavish tourist train running from New Delhi Railway Station.
Places to visit
Udaipur, one of Rajasthan’s most wondrous cities has so much to offer to its tourists. The astounding palatial architecture, the mystique lakes, the vibrant local markets accompanied by a regal culture and hearty people are some of the things you should be looking forward to, as a tourist in Udaipur. Let’s take a look at all the places that you should visit in Udaipur :
1) Udaipur City Palace
2) Lake Palace
3) Saheliyon Ki Bari
4) Sajjangarh Palace
5) Lake Pichola
6) Maharana Pratap Memorial
7) Vintage Car Museum
8) Fateh Sagar Lake
Things to do
Adventure knows no bounds when it comes to Udaipur. Be it gawking at the architecture or exploring through the bustling bazaars of the city, you will bring home a lifetime of memories and experiences from this enthralling city. Here is a list of things that you can do in Udaipur. 1) Witness the sunset from a boat cruise at Lake Pichola.
2) Explore the beautiful Saheliyon Ki Bari.
3) A Heritage Walk Your
4) A boat ride to the Taj Lake Palace
5) Be mesmerized at the City Palace
6) Take a tour at the Vintage Car Museum.
If you wish to have a quiet little vacation in the lap of mother nature, Cherrapunji would be your dream destination!
Located in Meghalaya, this little town is known as “the wettest place in India”. Cherrapunji is the best place for monsoon lovers. This beautiful town is surrounded by nature that revives you from all the stress of city life. The marvellous beauty of this place is the reason why Cherrapunji should be on your bucket list for a vacation in April.
Roadmap to Cherrapunji
● By flight : You can reach Cherrapunji by flight in two ways. You can either book a flight to Umroi Airport in Shillong, which is 91 km from Cherrapunji. However, regular flights are not available to this airport. The best option is to book a flight to Guwahati, which is 181 kms from Cherrapunji, as it is more easily available and connected to all major cities.
● By train : To visit Cherrapunji by train, board any northeast-bound train that halts at Guwahati Junction. From here, there is an availability of cabs and shared cars to Cherrapunji. You can also opt for private or state-run buses from Guwahati to Cherrapunji.
Places to visit
Cherrapunji has an abundance of lush green forests, misty waterfalls, enchanti caves and a thriving ecosystem. It truly justifies the title of “Paradise on Earth” and is home to indigenous animals and plants. The rich, exotic culture of this land attracts millions of tourists from around the world. Here are a few top places that you can visit in Cherrapunji.
1) Double decker living root bridge
2) Nohkalikai Waterfalls
3) Dawki River
4) Krem Mawmluh
5) Wakaba Falls
6) Khasi Monoliths
7) Arwah Caves
8) Mawsmai Falls
9) Mawsmai Caves
Things to do
There is so much to explore in the city that is known as the “Abode of clouds”. The wet, chilly weather should not stop you from exploring the city to its maximum potential. Adventurous souls can find several unusual activities to choose from. Here are some of the touristy things that you can look forward to in Cherrapunji
1) Boat riding at Dawki river.
2) Explore the archeological caves of Arwah.
3) Ziplining at Mawdok.
4) River Canyoning at Laitkynsew Hills.
5) Experience a magical walk on the Living Root Bridges.
6) Soak in the serenity at Nohkalikai waterfalls.
7) Witness the beautiful Mawkdok Dympep Valley.